Here is a list of FAQs. Please click to find the information you need.
1. What are the benefits of booking with Walking Holidays in France?
a) Based in France & The UK.
We are a cross-channel business, with staff that live and work in France. When you speak to us, yo are speaking direct to the actual providers of your holiday, not intermediaries based in another country who are not knowledgeable on France and your particular walking holiday in France.
b) Open Access.
We are always available and easy to contact - open 7 days a week and anytime from 08.00 hrs to 21.00 hrs GMT. Call us via our national rate UK phone number or email us and we will phone you.
c) Superior product and offer.
We have designed all of our walking holidays in France and they come with our own stamp of originality. We choose the best trails based on up-to-date and local knowledge and we can customise them to your requirements. You cannot buy our products through UK-based or international 'wholesalers' who sell walking tours worldwide. As for our offer, it includes
B & B, so lunches and dinners are on a pay-as-you-go basis, according to taste and budget. Detailed information on food options en route is contained in your hiking dossier.
2. Is my money safe if I book with you?
Yes, if you book a vacation or holiday with an unbonded operator, you risk losing all your money with costly consequences. In fact, unbonded providers that package tours for sale are breaking European and International Law.
The moment an organisation packages a service, say hiking tours, with another service, say accommodation, it is acting as a Tour Operator and so should have bonding. Buyer beware!
Walking Holidays in France is bonded by Bond Plus. See Booking.
3. Do you produce a brochure?No, for environmental reasons, we have chosen not to cut down trees to bring you news that is available on this website. However, we appeciate that printing from a website can be somewhat 'hit and miss' and so pdfs of all our holidays will be appearing on each tour page shortly. If you cannot find one for the tour that interests you, please ask us and it will be produced within 48 hours. You can then print it off on recycled paper, of course!
4. When are your walking holidays available, and when can we arrive?You can arrive and start your holiday any day of the week you want. Some trails can be walked all year round due to the favourable weather conditions. See the precise details of each tour or visit the summary pages for further information. We advise you to walk at higher altitudes in mid-summer, and not to walk in the Camargue or the Garrigue in July or August. Ultimately it is your choice and depends on what you are used to. The equinoxes are traditionally rainy periods, although just when the rains has become dificult to predict.
5. Do I need to be insured to travel with you?Yes. It is a condition of booking that you have adequate insurance to cover public liability, personal injury, medical costs, rescue and repatriation expenses, loss of or damage to luggage and its contents and expenses associated with cancellation or curtailment. France is a big country and any emergency assistance when walking is likely to be delivered by helicopter. Please make sure that such costs are covered by your existing insurance cover. If it isn’t, upgrade your existing policy or get a new one.
We would like to point out that Walking Holidays in France does not make the rules in France; we simply abide by them. This is the law of the land and you would be wise to comply with it, irrespective of what travel insurance companies tell you. It has absolutely nothing to do with where you walk in France, the terrain, the proximity to urban areas, etc. If you are not adequately insured, you will pick up the bill - it's that simple!
6. Can I stay longer than your model programme indicates?Yes, you are not obliged to follow the timing in the model, just the route. In other words, you can decide to stay for longer in a certain place, out of interest or to rest up, just as long as you have booked this in advance. In some cases, experienced walkers could complete the walking tours more quickly than the time indicated in our model programme.
Return to Home: walking holidays in France